|Stay Connected||Quick Links|
|Coming in May 2013:
an afternoon in conversation with Australian artist Kerrie Lester where she will share some insights on her creative portfolio of artworks.
Free how-to videos ::
- October 19th, 2013. Upcoming Annual Derivan Open Day.
- Just released, new Derivan FabricArt markers range.
- Matisse Structure Formula range now available in 150ml metal tube.
- Contemporary, practical and durable. The NEW Derivan Artists Sketchbooks available now.
- Download the newly available Matisse iPhone App.
- Chalkboard colours increases the range from two to eight choices to use anywhere a chalkboard surface is needed.
- Signature Collection Series Sets joins the Matisse Structure sets range. With brilliant hand selected colours, these sets are an inspiration.
- Now available the new edition of the Matisse Technical Guide and Visual Diary.
- MM34 Brush & Hand Cleaner and MM35 Brush Restorer joins the MM family of Matisse Mediums
- Dual purpose Flip-Top cap introduced in all Matisse and Derivan tube packaging.
- Derivan has expanded its range of protecting varnishing products by developing MM33 UV Conservation Varnish.
Latest Website Updates ::
- Added information page and for download The Colour Book.
- Added updated Matisse Flow & Structure Formula paints pigment information page.
- Added Derivan Sketchbooks Info page.
- Added a review web page of the Derivan Open Day 2012.
- Added new info web page on Tone, Value, Hue, Shade in colour mixing.
- Added easy Easter Egg Decorating Project.
- Added comprehensive information on Fluorescent Products including where to find them in Derivan paint ranges.
Did You Know?
Derivan is an Australian company and maker of the finest quality artist materials, including the famous Matisse range of professional artist acrylic paints and paint products.
Welcome to our site, where you can find information on our products, tips on techniques, projects to do, and so much more.
Available to Buy Now!...
click on this link to order through our secure web feature page.
The new Derivan FabricArt range of twin tipped fabric markers are an easy and safe way to decorate fabric. With a range of standard and fluorescent colours that will enhance any creative project.
These versatile twin tipped markers... [read more]
The complete range of Matisse Structure Formula artists colours is now available in 150ml metal tubes, fitted with the Matisse flip-top cap and individually packed in cardboard boxes. The intense and vibrant 95 colours covers the full colour spectrum including several unique Australian colours.
Now avialable for download! A practical and informative book that will to help you understand colour, colour schemes and most of all to help you discover what it is you like about colour. Through exercises and a series of practical activities you will... [more...]
The theme for the Derivan Open Day 2012 was an homage to Clint Eastwood with the slogan “feeling arty punk?..., go ahead..., Paint my day” – and that’s just what happened! Showcasing stands, free classes, products, demonstrations and tours, the day was enjoyed by the many visitors... [more...]
Now Available!. Classic Unlined or Tissue Interleaved. The NEW Derivan range of Artists Sketchbooks have a unique hard-bound black soft rubber cover. With a certain industrial design charm, the cover remains water resistant and is easier to hold. Bound with acid free sketch paper and... [more...]
Everyone is invited to our Annual Open Day coming up this October. The Derivan Open Day 2013 promises to make your day with a range of workshops, demonstrations and art exhibitions. Once a year we open the door at... [more...]
Now available for download, the Matisse product matching app allows you to use either an image, or the iPhone camera, to select an area of colour and find the closest matching acrylic paint from the Matisse Artist Acrylic paint range. It is designed... [more...]
When it comes to colour theory and mixing, it is always helpful to have support you can refer to quickly and clearly. Our new information web page was constructed with just that in mind. Although colour is the basic component of art, it is a more complex... [more...]
Derivan Blackboard paint has transformed with updated name and more colours. Added to the original Derivan Blackboard Black and Green range, we have now six brilliant colour options to add a fun finish to the traditional and... [more...]
Colours hand selected by two outstanding australian visual artists, these two new Signature sets expand and join the many creative possibilities offered by the Matisse Structure sets range. Beautifully presented with a glimpse of some of their accomplished pieces of art work on the cover... [more...]
Updated, revised and more useful than ever.
The Matisse Technical Guide and Visual Diary has been revised, updated and extended with more detailed information on the whole range of Matisse products, useful advise on... [more...]
Environmentaly and people firendly. Two more additions join our MM family of Artist Mediums range. You can now safely and effectively clean brushes and hands without harmful chemicals. Restore and deep clean brushes by removing dried up acrylic or oil paint. [more...]
New Flip-Top Cap!
As part of Derivan on-going consumer research and product development, of which our packaging plays an increasingimportant factor, the new flip- top cap is... [more...]
Derivan has just extended their varnish range by developing its just released UV Conservation Varnish, a non-yellowing acrylic resin varnish containing UV inhibitors. Matisse UV Varnish goes further as it is able to protect against fading works from UV light... [more...]
Derivan is introducing a new standard of packaging for our most popular childrens and students range of products after sponsoring research into the recycling habits of... [read more]
NEW and Available Now!
Complement your face paint experience with the new Derivan Face & Body Paint Brush Applicator. Easy to use, immediate results. The brush style tip will allow ease of application, no fuss, no mess and no wasted paint.
Joining our fun Face Paint range are these three new Face Paint Sticks Sets. With a convenient push-up mechanism, these coloured sticks are very easy to apply and its unique formulation makes them even easier to remove. Just use a paper towel, soap and water.
Derivan has added three new fun Face & Body Paint Sets to our already available and popular themed sets range. A horrible Spooky Set, a wild Animal Set and a proud Aussie Set.
Just added to our extensive range of mediums is the new Block Ink Medium & Extender. A versatile additive for our Block Ink range or if added to Matisse Structure Acrylics it will allow you to create relief prints giving you a larger palette of colours to work with... [more info...]