|Stay Connected||Quick Links|
Stay up-to-date with newly uploaded videos to DerivanMatisse uTube Channel, including product demonstrations, techniques and Monthly Artist Talk.
|May 2014 Upload:
Watch guest artist and Graphic Designer David Walsh as he practically demonstrates and give some helpful tips on rendering with Illustration Markers.
Free how-to videos ::
- October 18th, 2014 Come and celebrate with us on Derivan OPEN DAY 2014.
- May 1st, 2014. Guest artist and Grahic Designer David Walsh's demonstration video in HD available for viewing on DerivanMatisse YouTube Channel as part of our Derivan Artists Talks program.
- Our Face & Body range has just being expanded with new Face Paint Markers and Wipes.
- Just released, MM36 High Tooth Gesso (Encaustic). Formulated for encaustic techniques or as a primer for soft pastels with more "bite"
- Available now, Derivan Fake Blood. Add even more fun to your face painting.
- Derivan continues to expand its range of artists materials with the new, professional artist grade, Derivan Watercolours range.
- Three new colours extends Derivan Block Ink range.
- Just released, MM32 Light Modelling Paste a NEW modelling compound added to Matisse Mediums range.
- Another addition to the Derivan FabricArt range has just been made available. FabricArt Paint will continue to expand the range of markers, paint and dimensionals.
- Matisse MM10 Artist Gesso & Derivan Gesso now released in 250ml jars.
- Just released, new Derivan FabricArt Markers range.
- Matisse Structure Formula range now available in 150ml metal tube.
- Contemporary, practical and durable. The NEW Derivan Artists Sketchbooks available now.
- Download the newly available Matisse iPhone App.
- Chalkboard colours increases the range from two to eight choices to use anywhere a chalkboard surface is needed.
- Signature Collection Series Sets joins the Matisse Structure sets range. With brilliant hand selected colours, these sets are an inspiration.
- Now available the new edition of the Matisse Technical Guide and Visual Diary.
- MM34 Brush & Hand Cleaner and MM35 Brush Restorer joins the MM family of Matisse Mediums
- Dual purpose Flip-Top cap introduced in all Matisse and Derivan tube packaging.
- Derivan has expanded its range of protecting varnishing products by developing MM33 UV Conservation Varnish.
Latest Website Updates ::
- New article, understanding Warm and Cool colours, within Block Ink new colour additions.
- Added information page and for download The Colour Book.
- Added updated Matisse Flow & Structure Formula paints pigment information page.
- Added Derivan Sketchbooks Info page.
- Added a review web page of the Derivan Open Day 2012.
- Added new info web page on Tone, Value, Hue, Shade in colour mixing.
- Added easy Easter Egg Decorating Project.
- Added comprehensive information on Fluorescent Products including where to find them in Derivan paint ranges.
Did You Know?
Derivan is an Australian company and maker of the finest quality artist materials, including the famous Matisse range of professional artist acrylic paints and paint products.
Welcome to our site, where you can find information on our products, tips on techniques, projects to do, and so much more.
NEW FROM DERIVAN; AVAILABLE NOW!!
IHave you ever wondered what you would look like with a set of cats’ whiskers? Or what about a butterfly on your cheek or a superhero spider web all over your face? With the new Derivan Face and Body Markers you can make... [read more]
It’s on again!
At Derivan, we want to open your mind to the creative possibilities our products have to offer and invite you to celebrate with us 50 years of inspiration, innovation and creation.– for free! .. [read more]
NEW released product to cater for the traditional technique of Encaustic Painting. MM36 High Tooth Gesso (Encaustic) is a permanent, flexible water-based ground, with a high tooth finish, for canvas, board, wood panels or paper. It dries to ... [read more]
Derivan Refillables are the ideal and practical solution for the artist or craft person who would like to organise, transport and store their unique colours to saved for... [read more]
Get all "wound" up with our new addition to Derivan Face & Body Paint products. Derivan Fake Blood is a realistic imitation blood product suitable for theatrical professional applications and home use. It has the same ... [read more]
Derivan Acrylic is a professional range of acrylic colours designed to be water-resistant and lightfast. Derivan Acrylic range is equivalent in colour strength and permanency to most professional grades of paint but is much more affordable.. [read more]
Available now at your local stockist. Manufactured using traditional methods and raw materials and carefully stone milled to enhance and retain the luminous nature of each pigment selected, Derivan Watercolours are now available in 24... [read more]
While the Derivan Block Ink range is already available in 10 brilliant colours, we’ve added three new hues including the addition of a cool red -Crimson- and a cool yellow -Lemon Yellow. In the process we fine-tuned another colour in the range by... [read more]
Derivan AntiCrib anti-cribbing paint is horse, human and environmentally friendly! A premium solution that protects horse enclosures by discouraging the development of crib chewing behaviour in your horses... [read more]
If you are looking to add a new dimension to your fabric art, then Derivan Fabric Art Dimensional is the product for you. While many fabric paints are designed to form an even film on... [read more]
Just released, our NEW Matisse MM32 Light Modelling Paste is a modelling compound that has the same qualities as our regular MM2 Impasto Medium, but with a lighter body and finish. Like traditional impasto... [read more]
Derivan Fabric Art is the newest way to make your mark. These three products have been designed for you to customise and create unique designs on any natural fabric. Available in 13 colours, this non-toxic water based... [read more]
Derivan and Matisse Gesso have always been one of our most popular products, and now we’re proud to announce that our gesso in both our students and professional ranges are now available in 250ml screw cap... [read more]
The new Derivan FabricArt range of twin tipped fabric markers are an easy and safe way to decorate fabric. With a range of standard and fluorescent colours that will enhance any creative project.
These versatile twin tipped markers... [read more]
The complete range of Matisse Structure Formula artists colours is now available in 150ml metal tubes, fitted with the Matisse flip-top cap and individually packed in cardboard boxes. The intense and vibrant 95 colours covers the full colour spectrum including several unique Australian colours.
Now Available!. Classic Unlined or Tissue Interleaved. The NEW Derivan range of Artists Sketchbooks have a unique hard-bound black soft rubber cover. With a certain industrial design charm, the cover remains water resistant and is easier to hold. Bound with acid free sketch paper and... [more...]
Now available for download, the Matisse product matching app allows you to use either an image, or the iPhone camera, to select an area of colour and find the closest matching acrylic paint from the Matisse Artist Acrylic paint range. It is designed... [more...]
When it comes to colour theory and mixing, it is always helpful to have support you can refer to quickly and clearly. Our new information web page was constructed with just that in mind. Although colour is the basic component of art, it is a more complex... [more...]
Derivan Blackboard paint has transformed with updated name and more colours. Added to the original Derivan Blackboard Black and Green range, we have now six brilliant colour options to add a fun finish to the traditional and... [more...]
Colours hand selected by two outstanding australian visual artists, these two new Signature sets expand and join the many creative possibilities offered by the Matisse Structure sets range. Beautifully presented with a glimpse of some of their accomplished pieces of art work on the cover... [more...]
Updated, revised and more useful than ever.
The Matisse Technical Guide and Visual Diary has been revised, updated and extended with more detailed information on the whole range of Matisse products, useful advise on... [more...]
Environmentaly and people firendly. Two more additions join our MM family of Artist Mediums range. You can now safely and effectively clean brushes and hands without harmful chemicals. Restore and deep clean brushes by removing dried up acrylic or oil paint. [more...]
New Flip-Top Cap!
As part of Derivan on-going consumer research and product development, of which our packaging plays an increasingimportant factor, the new flip- top cap is... [more...]
Derivan has just extended their varnish range by developing its just released UV Conservation Varnish, a non-yellowing acrylic resin varnish containing UV inhibitors. Matisse UV Varnish goes further as it is able to protect against fading works from UV light... [more...]
Derivan is introducing a new standard of packaging for our most popular childrens and students range of products after sponsoring research into the recycling habits of... [read more]
Joining our fun Face Paint range are these three new Face Paint Sticks Sets. With a convenient push-up mechanism, these coloured sticks are very easy to apply and its unique formulation makes them even easier to remove. Just use a paper towel, soap and water.
Just added to our extensive range of mediums is the new Block Ink Medium & Extender. A versatile additive for our Block Ink range or if added to Matisse Structure Acrylics it will allow you to create relief prints giving you a larger palette of colours to work with... [more info...]