This one-day workshop is suitable for all skill levels.
This Fabric printing workshop is an opportunity to experiment with a wide range of surface design tools and techniques. This class explores colour, textures and mark making. Techniques such as fabric painting, stamping, screen-printing, stenciling and much more will be explored.
In this workshop you will,
- Learn to carve your own customized fabric stamp for printing repeat designs.
- How to hand cut a simple stencil design for screen printing. - Mono printing on fabric using gelatin plate
- How to hand paint your designs using acrylics and Derivan Fabric Fixative
- How to heat set your fabric to ensure your design is wash fast
- Which inks and mediums to use and what types of fabrics work well.
venue & costs
All workshops are conducted at Derivan HQ located at Unit 4 / 23 Leeds Street, Rhodes, NSW 2138. Weekday workshop costs are $130. Lunch and all materials provided. All prices are inclusive of GST.
Please Fill out the form Below with the SUBJECT WITH COURSE CODE: DEDU1904/3
ABOUT THE TUTORS:
Born in Sydney Eliza McInnes started at Derivan in 2011 working as Derivans chief Product Manager and Digital Content Producer. With a background of working in the arts, Eliza graduated from the National Art School in 2000.
Eliza’s favourite part of her job is working with the two in-house chemists on Derivan’s constantly evolving product innovation.
Born in Sydney and raised in the Southern Highland Katrina Hill has a background in television and visual arts.Katrina studied at Julian Ashton Art School, Victorian Collage of the Arts and the National Arts School. Known for her still life watercolour paintings which have a masterful use of colour, shape and brushstrokes. You will find Katrina exhibiting in art spaces in and around Sydney.