|Stay Connected||Quick Links|
Derivan Face & Body Paint Markers and Wipes.
Design, apply and clean.
Our Face & Body Paint Markers are available in a limited range of basic colours, that includes red, yellow, blue, green, pink, white and black. They are water based and completely non-toxic. Each pen has dual tips. One is a chisel tip, which is flat, and it’s good for covering larger areas. The other is a bullet tip, perfect for outlining that butterfly or adding those cat whiskers! They also dry quickly, which is handy if you are working with small and restless subjects.
Face & Body Paint Markers are particularly useful because they allow a greater level of control – you do not need to have the same steady hand required when using a brush. Our markers work very much like a traditional markers, but they are much less likely to irritate sensitive skin and are easily removed with soap and water, making them perfect for use with children.
While all Derivan face painting products are easily removed with soap and water, we have created Face & Body Paint Wipes for those times when access to both is limited. Each soft, resealable pack contains thick cloths impregnated with mild cleansing agents that will remove Derivan face painting products with ease. Their hypo allergenic formula will kindly remove that body design from skin created with Face & Body Paint Markers or any of the colours in the Face & Body Paint range.
Face & Body Paint Markers Application:
Like any product used on the face, we recommend that these markers be kept away from eye, mouths and nasal passages. If your subject is particularly sensitive, conduct a patch test by applying to the inside of the elbow and leave for a least an hour. If no irritation develops, you can proceed with your face art transformation!
Begin by preparing the skin. It will need to be clean and preferably free of skin lotions and moisturisers, as these can compromise the longevity of all body and face paint products. If the skin is dry and flaky, then a light lotion may be applied allowing approximately one hour before using the markers. Flakes and dry skin can distort your design, and never use this product on irritated or broken skin. If you have applied a layer of Derivan Face Paint, ensure that it is dry before proceeding.
The paint from the majority of the markers is semitransparent, so lighter colours will not be visible over darker colours. For example, applying red over black will not work because the black shows through.
As this product is water soluble, mistakes can be removed with a cotton bud dipped in water and squeezed until slightly damp. Simply wipe over the mistake and allow the skin to dry before continuing.
Two Basic Ways To Use This Product:
- Simply draw on as you would a normal marker. If you are unsure about placement, try drawing a light line with the bullet tip before thickening it or going over it with the chisel tip.
- Use a damp finger to smudge the line into a wash of colour. This is particularly handy for creating tints of colour that can be outlined once dry. Ensure that your finger is not completely wet as this will wash the colour off rather than spread it around. Dip your finger in water and then dry it lightly before smudging the mark on the skin. This method can be used with our black and blue markers to create simulated bruises just in case you have a Halloween theme in mind!
In order to remove the product, simply use soap and water. Some of the darker colours may require light scrubbing to completely remove the stain. Face & Body Paint Wipes can also remove the product if water is not immediately available.
Although the markers can be easily removed from skin, some of the darker colours may stain fabrics, so suitable clothing should always be worn. However, we advise you to wash stains immediately with cold water and household soap, taking care not to spread the stain. Do not use hot water.
Some stubborn stains may need to be soaked overnight. Other methods of cleaning will generally only act to drive the stain in deeper. Don't attempt to boil, dry-clean or use chemical solvents or thinners on the stain. Keep stained garments separate from other washing.
Store your Derivan Face & Body Markers horizontally in a cool dry, place out of direct sun. Replace caps tightly when not in use.
- Don’t feel you have to cover the entire face with a design. A design on the cheek or forehead creates an interesting contrast to an otherwise bare face.
- Keep a small and restless subject occupied by painting their face front of a mirror so they get to see the process as it happens.
- Ask the subject what they would like to see. If you get a shrugs a list of basic suggestions will help, although you can also ask which colours they would prefer.
- Body & Face Paint Markers aren’t just for children. They can also be used on the skin for marathon runners, concert attendees and protest marchers!